Thursday, September 12, 2013

Reflection on Office of Readings for September 9, 2013

Today's first reading from Office of Readings...I was reading along and so hoping that Johanan and the others would get it and turn to God. It was so obvious--here's a prophet, telling the will of God directly and so clearly. And they don't do it! It was so frustrating to me. I was thinking, "How could they not get it? It was right there in front of their faces. How could they do the exact opposite of what Jeremiah told them?"

And then I realized... Johanan and the others represent me every time I turn away from the Lord, who has made His will so much more clearly to me through His self-revelation, His Church, His providence. It is a really hard lesson...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments ad hominem or deemed offensive by the moderator will be subject to immediate deletion.