Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cardinal Mercier's Prayer to the Holy Ghost

Cardinal Mercier was so convinced of the importance of the practice of fidelity to the inspirations of the Holy Spirit that he advised persons to spend five minutes each day in complete recollection in order to address the Holy Ghost in the following words: "O Holy Spirit, soul of my soul, I adore thee. Enlighten me, guide me, strengthen me, console me. Tell me what I ought to do. Give me thy commands. I promise to submit myself to whatever thou dost ask of me and to accept whatever thou dost permit to happen to me. Grant only that I may know thy holy will."

---

Source: Fr. Antonio Royo Marin, The Theology of Christian Perfection, trans. by Jordan Aumann (Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2011), 585.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments ad hominem or deemed offensive by the moderator will be subject to immediate deletion.